Thursday, November 3, 2011

Golden Pumpkins

So being the in the fall spirit, I decided to give my mini pumpkins the Midas Touch. These little guys needed some jazzing up, so I sat and drank my morning coffee and painted them for some new table decor.  You could use spray paint as well, but I chose acrylic paint and just took my time.


{ gold acrylic paint from Michael's Craft Store }


{ One layer of paint - this first coat gives it a nice sheen look, but if you want a more golden opaque look then use two - three coats }

 

{Round one for pumpkins ..one more coat to go }

 

{Viola!  Golden pumpkin completed! }

 
{ Add some fall leaves ..faux to last longer :) }

 

{ Line them up however you'd like }


 {Add some gords... and there ya go!  A fall table scape }

Here are a few more ideas I fell upon....


{ Paint pumpkins & gords for fall table centerpiece via Better Homes & Gardens }


 { Use for place settings ..perhaps thanksgiving? via Martha Stewart }


 {Use a white pumpkin, paint golden leaves, and glue on via Ladies' Home Journal }

1 comment: