Monday, December 5, 2011

Tis’ the season to be inspired


 Last Thursday I officially kicked off my Christmas spirit on December 1st. I took out all the decorations we had, listen to Christmas music, started shopping, had my first ginger bread latte {switched from my usual pumpkin spice} and got my daily inspiration from shopping and all the wonderful Christmas scents..


The decorations we had felt like they were lacking something. I had our little tree with lights + gold balls, the Christmas plate we got last year from crate &barrel on display, gold painted reindeer, little stockings hanging, gold+ silver balls in clear vases.. But I wanted something else to accent the room in a cute, simple and elegant manor. A trip to Michael's craft store was just what I needed.



Going into Michael's craft store I am always inspired but sometimes I can get a little overwhelmed. My basket was filled with ideas, crafts, glue, paint, glitter, candles, etc. But then I decided to put back half of it back and get what really stood out to me:

{ 1 Mason jar, 1 bundle of cinnamon sticks, 1 bag of scented pine cones +mini gold balls
 and for the rest of the theme 1 gold tea candle holder }

Once I got home I put all my little things together and came up with this: The Mason jar + scented pine cones together. Split the cinnamon sticks into two separate ones wrapped with white ribbon I had in the house. And placed the gold votive candle along the room. And voila! It was just the touch the apartment needed in all the right places! {for under 10$!}
· Mason jar: 1.99
· Pine cones: 2.49
· Cinnamon sticks: 2. 49
· Gold votive: 1.79
            tax: .53
            total  = 9. 29$ :)

Now the apartment is decorated nicely for Christmas with a nice little charm and has wonderful aromas of cinnamon and spice! So wonderful for this time of year! Keep calm + merry on :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment